- Function and equipment checklists for outside catering
- Buffet types - theme menus, showpiece, planning worksheets, templates, food volumes, costings, food order sheets and mise en place all shown in full colour
- Menu ideas including vegetarian, soups, salads, desserts, hot and cold, bain marie and chafing dishes
- Use of food groups including seafood, poultry, meat, cheese, fruit, vegetables, salads and dressings etc.
- Cold Larder - platter, plate, bowl and mirror work. Basic set up, garnishes etc.
- Hundreds of photos (click on to enlarge or print)
- Print the CD to provide a working manual for the kitchen and worksheets for staff usage.
- Tips for the chef on most pages
- A caterers first-hand knowledge of running the business
- Costing exercises and start to finish organisation of a function
A fantastic selection, creation and presention of every full colour canape imaginable, e.g:
- Australian Cheeses
- Cold Meats
- Cucumber and Vegetarian
Brilliant for the person doing canapes for a Wedding, Cocktail Party,
Birthday, Social function etc.
From Mise en Place, shopping list, worksheets to final presentation, plus party fruit, sandwiches, nori rolls, Australiana, etc.
Everything you wanted to know about Canapes is in the Kazbar's Party Time Catering CD with over 35 colour pages of just canapes.
Hot Hors D'Oeuvres - from ingredients to final mouth-watering platter presentation featuring home-made mini quiches, pizzas, chicken dishes.
Cocktail party menu examples are given with the tips that make the party complete!
Includes preparation, work sheets, cheeses, meat mirrors, platters & plates, ham showpiece, chicken & cold meats, anti pasto, seafood & fruit, with hundreds of colour photos, tips and ideas, etc.
Covers basic everyday salads, gourmet salads, dressing, work sheets, presentation ideas, recipes for salads and dressings, etc.
Step-by-step, from the customer's menu selection, through to final full colour buffet with all the planning, costing, mise en place, work sheets, menu ideas, bain marie & chafing dishes, including full colour photos.
The Concept by Barry Wells
A fully qualified Chef with 40 years experience, Barry originally designed the CD/Manual for his own use, but realised this would provide a valuable tool, reference and training aid to other chefs, apprentices and keen home entertainers.
The benefits to you are:
An easy to read hands-on pictorial CD/Manual covering the Cold Larder section of the Commercial Kitchen, where quick reference can be made
to Mise en Place, Ordering, Garnishes Mirror, Platter and Plate presentation, Canapes, Salads, Sandwiches, Cheese and Fruit, planning and
worksheets and reference to hot food and in particular hors d'oeuvres.
The use of basic techniques and terminology means all levels of staff can relate to the CD/Manual for years to come.
In a commercial kitchen situation, the Chef or apprentice can pin-point a particular page or item in the
CD/Manual which is required that day and either browse or print for use.
Costing and food selection should be made easier by using the CD/Manual - you can save time, e.g.. in the preparation of Canapes.
The CD/Manual can be used as an aid for the Chef in training his kitchen staff, and as a reference or to get ideas for the staff to draw from.
The CD/Manual is user friendly, i.e. it is written, photographed and designed by Barry, who specialises in Cold
Larder and Catering, thus saving on employing a personal trainer on an hourly basis - the resource is always there!
It makes a lot of sense to have most Cold Larder food subjects available in one reference book/CD/Manual.
The emphasis is on helping the staff to better plan and organise, saving time and money, by offering tips and presentation ideas.
Smoked Salmon & Asparagus Herb Pancake